NC street suspension

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
JonathanC010

NC street suspension

Post by JonathanC010 »

I have a 2010 Sport soft top with stock 16 wheels and all season tires. I would like more control for the street but don’t want to sacrifice comfort. I’m not interested in lowering the car much, maybe 1/2” or so. No serious plans to autocross, although doing it once or twice just for fun sounds intriguing. I am a former motorcycle road racer that was an active racer at the club level for 10+ years, so I enjoy spirited driving and can appreciate what good suspension can do for a vehicle (I had Penske fully adjustable shock and custom adjustable fork internals in my race bikes). My budget is modest so thinking that RoadsterSport Suspension package or ZetaCRD would be the best choice. Which would you recommend, or maybe something else?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC street suspension

Post by Brian »

Hmm, given your experience with bikes and Penske fully adjustable setups our Ohlins coilovers would be the natural choice here as something comparable in sophistication to what you had. The CRD is a popular setup, though not within miles of the Penske setup you had on the bike. Nonetheless, if the budget covers CRD, that's a fun setup for the money and from your history I suspect you appreciate the extra adjustment you get as compared to the fixed length shocks of the RoadsterSport setup.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JonathanC010

Re: NC street suspension

Post by JonathanC010 »

Thanks, Brian. CRD is what I was leaning towards also. I’m sure I would love the Öhlins setup, just don’t think my available budget will allow for it.