(fixed user error) Car will not start need help.

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
DougA371

(fixed user error) Car will not start need help.

Post by DougA371 »

My 2016 Miata Club will not start. The Check Engine, Charging System Warning, and Power Steering Malfunction Indicator lights remain on and the Start button flashes orange. One other strange thing is that the power windows don’t work. The head and tail lights work along with the door locks and entertainment system. I put my battery on a charger and tried starting when the charger reported as 100%, got the same results

I was trying to diagnose why my DRL lights are not working. I removed the front mud guard to access the back of the lights and disconnected and reconnected the DRL plug. Then I check the fuse box. The DRL fuse #25 was missing I placed a 15 A fuse in the slot and tried to start my car. That is when I noticed that it would not start. I inspected each fuse 1-52 for any tripped fuse and found non. I’m stumped can any give me any suggestions.
Last edited by DougA371 on Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2016 Miata Club w/Brembo
Blackbird Fabworx ND RZ Roll
Aurora Auto Design Low Profile Driver's Seat Mount V2.0
Ohlins Road and Track Coilovers (7K/4K)
Progressive Technologies anti-sway bar set
BillK336

Re: Car will not start need help.

Post by BillK336 »

Did you buy it used? Did the DRLs ever work?
The first thing I’d try would be to remove the fuse.
I’m guessing a PO removed it for a reason.
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...
DougA371

Re: Car will not start need help.

Post by DougA371 »

Found the answer. For some reason the C/U IG1 fuse was missing. Still don't have the DRL, but my car starts again.

Yes the car was in the body shop for a fender bender. They replace the bumper and the left head light. I assumed they just forgot to reinstall the DRL fuse.

Do the DRL come on when you are parked?
2016 Miata Club w/Brembo
Blackbird Fabworx ND RZ Roll
Aurora Auto Design Low Profile Driver's Seat Mount V2.0
Ohlins Road and Track Coilovers (7K/4K)
Progressive Technologies anti-sway bar set
BillK336

Re: (fixed user error) Car will not start need help.

Post by BillK336 »

Start car, release parking brake.
DRLs go on after car starts moving.
They stay on until you pull the parking brake again.
I think….
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...