New to Miata... Love it... A little help please

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
GeraldC586

New to Miata... Love it... A little help please

Post by GeraldC586 »

I just bought a 23 MX5 miata FR grand touring. I have read your posts about not using 9 wide wheels for daily. I come from a charger hellcat. Im not oposed to the 17x8 but do like wheel stick out. So if i do a 17x9 what wheels are moderatly priced to consider also what size tire should i run. I like the stiff ride quality of a sports car i have a luxury car for plush ride. Also i see the front sway bar is a pain. For the good sturdy race ride but on the street new springs or coilovers? brand. Im changing the muffler to the borola no baffel and changed the airfilter housing to the AFE with a custom made cold air box to keep heat out. What tune should i do that will benifit me the best fro power and performance that can be upgraded. Will do a super charger art some point, No emissions laws where i am. Can you tell me other upgrades to improve it that arent costly. I like that i can take corners at 30MPH and would like to improve that more too. Not getting a lot of help on the different face book sites.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: New to Miata... Love it... A little help please

Post by Brian »

The Charger Hellcat weighs almost 2000 pounds more, it can ride 9 inch daily. For street we suggest max of 17x8 and 235/40 tire.

For really amazing street ride in a coilover click HERE for our RSR Coilovers.

The BORLA is not real popular on this car, too much drone for most folks.
Attachments
rsr_ND_rubber.jpg
rsr_ND_rubber.jpg (63.82 KiB) Viewed 2985 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
GeraldC586

Post by GeraldC586 »

Thank you I appreciate the fast reply, looking at the page koning and enkei are the best brands from wheels. A friend suggest i look into closed corse road racing. So I guess I need to learn what is allowed and required for that. Looking through the blog it looks like these cars are ok for that. I've done drag racing sprint car sportsman class and classic on dirt and pavement. Looks a little like rally but all pavement. Not sure if it's possible to as a daily and race it for hobby. I assume the coilovers you suggested will work for both? Any suggestions or links appreciated for research too. If the exhaust drones I will cancel the order before it ships and look here for options. Do you have any tuning suggestions? .
Again thank you
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thousands of Miata owners daily drive it and weekend race it, nothing new there and it is certainly more than merely possible. That RSR is really street comfort focused. We did race it, see the picture in product description at the link I gave you. But with those relatively soft springs it is not near as fast as our other choices like OHLINS or FEALS or MEISTERR ClubRace, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com