Non-AP Exhaust on AP?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ChanpagnaT789

Non-AP Exhaust on AP?

Post by ChanpagnaT789 »

Hello, I'm looking to buy this Racing Beat Power Pulse exhaust second-hand from someone. He has an NC1 and I have an NC2 with appearance package. I've found some conflicting information online but I wanted to ask for assurance/confirmation:

Will running a non-appearance package exhaust on an appearance package car melt the diffuser?

and

Racing Beat and Goodwin list the RB-PP muffler with an 06-09 and 09-15 versions, will his NC1 version work on my NC2? What is the difference? I'm seeing other mufflers with no regard for NC1/NC2 differences.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Non-AP Exhaust on AP?

Post by Brian »

I can tell you that in the RoadsterSport brand we just made tips long enough to fit all versions of the car. Back in the day we made appearance package versions of SuperQ and RSII but eventually designed to find a middle ground length that was longer than our old standard that works for all versions. Racing Beat still does it the old way with a short version and appearance package version. That doesn't mean you will melt anything, after all the factory does not make appearance package muffler, same Mazda muffler for every year and every version of the car with no difference in tip length at all such that on later cars the tips are pretty far under the car.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ChanpagnaT789

Re: Non-AP Exhaust on AP?

Post by ChanpagnaT789 »

Thanks for the reassurance, Brian! Hope to get a Super Q myself, eventually.