ND RoadsterSport settings for Track/AX use?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
BillyB097

ND RoadsterSport settings for Track/AX use?

Post by BillyB097 »

I picked up the ND RoadsterSport suspension (61-2074) a few weeks ago and just got it installed. I've got an autocross school coming up next weekend and then a track day shortly after. I love the look and car is much flatter than it was before in the turns, but I've yet to take it to the track.

I followed recommended settings of second perch front, third perch rear. Right now, I'm set at one turn above full soft. My car has stock sways right now, I plan on upgrading to Progress sways in the future. Should I start at stiffer settings on the Koni's for my first autocross/track outing?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: ND RoadsterSport settings for Track/AX use?

Post by Brian »

For autocross days start with front KONI at full stiff. Do rear one full turn off of full stiff. Generally the front tires will get up to heat faster, after a few runs the rear tires finally get up to temp. Thus, it is normal that the balance is shifting noticeably from first run to last run. Thus, you may find that you can get the rear to full stiff after a few runs and have the balance be good.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BillyB097

Post by BillyB097 »

Appreciate your insight Brian, I'll give that a shot. Would you run similar settings for a track day or go a little softer?

Excited to try this out, I've been doing track days and autocross with a completely stock suspension and I can already tell it's going to be a blast.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Really depends on the track and surface conditions. Here in California we have some really old tracks and the surface is so broken up that we start at least a full turn off stiff for those locations. At tracks with new smooth surfaces we can start the same as autocross days with full stiff front from the first laps.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BillyB097

Post by BillyB097 »

Brian - just wanted to post a quick update and thank you for your help. I sent in a very detailed review but I couldn't believe the difference this suspension made. Very streetable, but so much better on track. Running full soft on street but at the track I'm using your recommended settings which is an excellent starting point until I get more familiar with the setup. At autocross the car was much more planted and balanced. On track was the same and provided a lot more confidence. My average lap time dropped by over 5 seconds from stock on my local track. Thanks again!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That is great news, happy to hear setup is working well for you!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com