Order for installing header, midpipe and exhaust

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
MatthewW689

Order for installing header, midpipe and exhaust

Post by MatthewW689 »

The flange connection between the muffler and the midpipe has basically disintegrated on my 2001 NB. I'm using this as an opportunity to replace everything from the headers back. I have the Roadstersport headers, midpipe and #3 muffler on the way. Thanks Good-Win. A question for folks with experience: by the weekend I will have everything out. Next weekend, what is the proper order for installation? I was leaning midpipe first, so that the header would have something to attach to. Happy to be told the better way before I get myself into a mess.

Thanks friends.
Matthew Whitlock

2001 BRG
Follow my progress on Instagram @_miatuhh
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Order for installing header, midpipe and exhaust

Post by Brian »

Generally, we start at the front and work our way to the tailpipe. So, if changing header we do that first, then midpipe, then muffler. BUT, some of the midpipes have a slip joint in the middle and with those we need the header install complete and the muffler installed so we can dial the length at the slip joint for the midpipe so it hangs at the right height.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
MatthewW689

Re: Order for installing header, midpipe and exhaust

Post by MatthewW689 »

I do have the midpipe with the slip joint on the way, so my instinct was exactly wrong. That's why I posted.

Thanks Brian.
Matthew Whitlock

2001 BRG
Follow my progress on Instagram @_miatuhh