Help For New Mazda Owner Mx-5 2007

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
hoffy5

Help For New Mazda Owner Mx-5 2007

Post by hoffy5 »

Hello all--

Just purchased my 1st MX-5 2007. The model I purchased is Grand Touring/rag top without the suspension Pkg. Could not find that option with my recent purchase.

So, I am looking for your suggestions on what upgrades I can do to the suspension along with what would you do 1st,2nd, 3rd, etc. to make the ride
better? I will not be racing but would love to do some upgrades..?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions-list of what to do to get the most improvement for the$.

Thanks again,
Bob
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Springs have been very popular...fixes the 4x4 look and much improves handling. Also popular have been the sway bars but I suggest one thing at a time and see what you think of the results and then perhaps do the sways second.

On the power side, exhaust and intake gets an easy 14-16 hp at the wheels.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NC+Will=Happiness

Post by NC+Will=Happiness »

Hiya Hoffy5,
I have both the Eibach "Pro-Kit" springs and the Eibach "Anti-Roll" sway bar installed on my car. I love the nice flat cornering created by the sway bars and the springs help in hard cornering but I can't tell you much more of the combo. I was unable to find performance struts at the time of buying my springs so I have the factory "Sport" package bilstiens which are way too soft. My car is a bit floaty due to this. Also with the stock tires, grip is'nt all that great. Handling is greatly improved by these upgrades but limited by the tires for sure.

I would wait for upgraded struts to come about for sale. I think a combo of the Pro-Kit springs, some performance struts, and the Anti-Roll kit would make you a happy MX-5 driver. Check out the online store here. You'll find it all (except struts, then again I have'nt recently looked hehe).

Just my opinion on that. Congratulations on your purchase and welcome!
2006 MX-5 "Sport" 6-spd, Galaxy Grey, Black Interior
AEM CAI
RoadsterSport Exhaust
Eibach Anti-Roll kit
JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers some time in the next eternity!
hoffy5

Thanks for the Help!!!!!

Post by hoffy5 »

Hello Members..

Thank your for this great advice!!! I will be calling Good-Win very-soon and
will propably do the Springs and Anti-Roll kit 1st.

Thanks again for any inputs!!

Bob
sh10533

Post by sh10533 »

I agree with NC+Will=Happiness, I upgraded to the Eibach Springs and sways and did the tower brace as well on my 06 Touring. Car corners flat, upgraded the tires as well, handles much better. Will be getting the shocks early next year as the car does tend to float a bit. I would highly recommend if you get the parts installed not to overlook the alignment information Brian posted in these forums. Good luck and enjoy.