SEMA NC Report---New Big Brakes, Coilovers, Supercharger...

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I assume it will adjust like the Koni...but I don't know yet.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NC+Will=Happiness

Post by NC+Will=Happiness »

Again, picture Homer Simpson doing his "Oh Boy!, Oh Boy!, Oh Boy!" dance and you will know how I feel about all these goodies!

Thanks for the update, Brian!
2006 MX-5 "Sport" 6-spd, Galaxy Grey, Black Interior
AEM CAI
RoadsterSport Exhaust
Eibach Anti-Roll kit
JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers some time in the next eternity!
beagleracing

Post by beagleracing »

Brian, John just came back from SEMA and brought some of the literature on the SC that Jackson is working on. Pretty impressive! I'm really interested in seeing howhe mounts it to the NC. It only spins in one direction so it can't be mounted in the airbox compartment, so one of the accessories will have to be moved, like what Corky is doing with the twinscrew.

d
GT Veloce

Post by GT Veloce »

Brian, any word on when the Eibach coilovers may be available?
The Rotrex SC sounds very interesting if it works as claimed. Do you have any information / knowledge that would verify the perfornamce claims made? When it comes to SCs for the NC, the more the merrier!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Eibach said December on the coilovers. Jackson said January for the finished specs and dyno on the NC supercharger.

I bet that Jackson Rotrex will prove popular. Super easy install, very light weight little unit. When the Miata motor was just 1.6 liters the idea of a centrifugal unit was not well received. It was a little better idea with the 1.8 motor but still far from ideal. Now that the 2.0 motor makes as much torque with header and exhaust mods as the old motor did with 6psi of boost I think we have to examine again the question of centrifugals as appropriate because the case for them has gotten stronger as the motor has gotten bigger. I am sure the entry level Jackson kit will be conservative...in the range of 6 to 8 psi. But my thoughts turn to a full race setup and I can imagine a Rotrex based kit that peaks at 16psi with a big air/air intercooler in the nose....that would be a real hoot to drive on track days!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
IIGQ4U

Post by IIGQ4U »

v67gsr wrote:Any idea who make the shock for the Eibech coilover set?

I assume it will only be single adjustable, right? If so, will bound and rebound adjust together? or like Koni that only adjust rebound?
I am guessing that the shock body is made by KW The valving may also be done by KW or possibly Eibach.
"For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."