NC Sport Suspension Package (Spring Change)?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Smooth Operator

NC Sport Suspension Package (Spring Change)?

Post by Smooth Operator »

Is there an improvement in handling to be had by going to heavier weight springs? Does anyone one know if the Eiback springs are stiffer than the option package? Will the 6K / 5K spring package on the JIC's go on the Blistiens in the optional package? Is there any other options short of the JIC paackage? Thank You, Amoure
v67gsr

Re: NC Sport Suspension Package (Spring Change)?

Post by v67gsr »

Smooth Operator wrote:Is there an improvement in handling to be had by going to heavier weight springs?
Yes
Smooth Operator wrote:Does anyone one know if the Eiback springs are stiffer than the option package?
Yes. About 30%, which is still far too soft IMO.
Smooth Operator wrote:Will the 6K / 5K spring package on the JIC's go on the Blistiens in the optional package?
No, unless custom modification
Smooth Operator wrote:Is there any other options short of the JIC paackage? Thank You, Amoure
Yes. In Japan, there are Tein Flex, Tein Mom Flex, Tuckin99, Ohlins DFV, Bilstein, and a lot more…… All depends on how much you willing to spend. In North America, JIC is the only full coilover package available as of now.

I personally don’t like JIC cause coming from Honda scene, I’ve learned far more negative feedback regarding JIC. In general, 80% of Honda JIC running are not happy. I don’t assume JIC will make much of difference in construction on Mazda application. I guess weight play a big role since none in Honda lineup in the pass 10 years weight as light as NA Miata.
Smooth Operator

I did some checking around the web. It looks like more choices of coil overs are going to become available this month.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, JIC available now, Eibach coilovers available very soon (shown at SEMA in the MazdaSpeed booth). We will also have our own brand very soon. Bilstein says their PSS9 kits will be coming too....and on and on.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Smooth Operator

I guess I will try to get the Eibach Pro Spring Kit put in by the Dealer. 30% stiffer and slightly lower roll center. Thanks
jaball77

Post by jaball77 »

There are also some MazdaSpeed coilovers for street use now. From what I've read the spring rates are softer than the JIC's - "80% over stock", which comes out to ~200 lbs in the front, I believe.

Still MUCH more expensive than any of the available seperate shock/spring combos, though.

*edit* I did some more poking around tonight and found both some H&R and Eibach coilovers online. Lots of options out there. :)