I'M GETTING A MIATA!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
honorcode3

I'M GETTING A MIATA!

Post by honorcode3 »

Hello everyone. I did some research and decided to get a mazda mx-5. I will buy a 99 and up and have been doing research on them trying to find out the most reliable and most horsepower gaining modifications to do. I am thinking about dropping about $1000 into the performance and I need some help from experienced owners out there of what to get for the most bang for my buck. If anyone has any ideas of what would give me the most speed for the money I want to spend right now send me a message.
ohnedich69

Post by ohnedich69 »

You really shouldnt go by other peoples advice. Go by your own and buy what you want... DOnt worry bout money get what you think is best. Weapon R intakes are nice though. and the magnaflow exhausts are nice
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

ohnedich69...a little ironic that the same guy ASKING for advice on tires in the next thread is telling other folks not to take the advice of others.

I still got the papers around here somewhere from the lawsuit I was involved in a few years ago with regards to the Weapon R filters, and my opinion, which is formed after a significant amount of hands-on work with the Weapon R product in particular, is that I would never use their product on any car that I cared about.

I have no problem with the Magnaflow product but here is the one point where I will agree with ohnedich69....nobody can tell you what exhaust is right for you. All the mainstream exhaust choices for a 99 are straight through smooth perforated core and all stainless steel.... Therefore, all will help you similarly on the dyno and the choice among the choices really comes down to volume level...a very subjective decision. That's why we rank the exhaust volume levels in the exhaust product descriptions to let the customer figure out what is best for them.

honorcode3...Congrats on your new toy. The formula for adding power on a 99 is not a big secret...the HEADER is the big gain in that mods price range. Our Racing Beat header makes the most power of the choices available and gives you the biggest bang for the buck on that year (as much as 14-15 horsepower at the wheels). However, downsides include that the Racing Beat header will not fit with some supercharger packages....(get our Jackson header if you want to keep that option entirely open). And, if you have a 99 with a catalytic converter in the header (California car), and you live in a state that cares, the install of the header will NEVER be legal for you. In that case, all you can do is highflow intake and exhaust after the converter....and perhaps save up for a CARB approved supercharger.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com