Roadster Sport3 vs. Racing Beat Dual-tip

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Quiksilver

Roadster Sport3 vs. Racing Beat Dual-tip

Post by Quiksilver »

Would like opinions on these 2. I daily drive a lot of highway miles and really want a nice sound to remind me i'm in a sports car every day, but I also autocross most weekends (25 events this year), and want to stay in C-stock class. (2002 Miata LS, koni's, sway bar, r-comps).

Is there much more added weight with the duals relative to the stock muffler? How much do the duals weigh? The roadster sport is 12.5 lbs, right?

Any performance benefit with the Roadster sport (including butt dyno)?

Or, just get what I like (which is obvious that i don't know yet)?

Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Generally speaking, on a straight four motor Duals are for fun...singles are for performance. The Racing Beat Duals are twice the weight of the RoadsterSport3 single. I have not directly dyno'd the two against each other on the same dyno, on the same car, but my estimation is that the straight through single would win that contest too. So, get the duals if you like the sound of duals...get the single if the Autocross performance is your priority.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Quiksilver

Post by Quiksilver »

WooHoo... singles it is !!

THANKS ! :D
Quiksilver

Post by Quiksilver »

Hi:
I just got my RoadsterSport 3, and what a nice product! Thanks again Brian !!

Questions:

1. I "assume" the baffle is the smaller tube already installed in the exhaust tube tip, with the allen screw, correct?

2. If I remove that baffle I am left with a small hole in the bottom of the tip where the screw went. Is this correct?

3. Don't know if I like a small hole at the bottom.

Thanks again, GOODWIN-RACING RULES !!!
:D :D :D
Lee
Last edited by Quiksilver on Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, remember to always lube the threads on the retaining screws before you try and remove them. Let some WD40 or liquid wrench soak into the threads for a few minutes first.

Yes, after pulling the baffles you will have a small hole in bottom of the tube but it is far enough up stream that you won't see it unless you spend a lot of time on your knees behind your car...at which point the neighbors will be asking you some interesting questions. :)
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com