Rake w/ MS & Eibach springs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Mini Meg

Rake w/ MS & Eibach springs

Post by Mini Meg »

Hi Brian and All,
I have finally talk my wife into a set of springs. (Begging helps! :lol: ) One thing I have noticed is that the MS & Eibach lower the MX-5 the same front and rear. This seems to vary from car to car/spring to spring. I like the lower front end look. aka, S2000. I have been in contact with Shaikh at Fat Cat about spring spacers for the rear of the 06/07 MX-5, he has none. Do you know what's between the rubber spring isolator and the car body. If I install the springs and don't get a little rake with just the springs, could someone install a spring spacer in the rear? If so where could someone find an aprox. 1/2" spacer? Any idea how to make some spacers and where to install them to keep the susp. travel? Any and all help would be appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
Randy
White 07 GT with PP2, Susp. Pack, Splash guards. Mods to start soon! Some parts in garage waiting install & some on order.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sounds like you would be better served with a set of threaded body coilovers so you can set heights where you want them. By the time you monkey around with a machine shop making you spacers and potentially still not getting the result you want you could just get coilovers and adjust the height of each corner as you please. We have the JIC coilovers now, but expect the less expensive Eibach coilovers soon, and a third brand by January.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry Randy, doing some work on the website and accidently dumped your followup post. Anyway, what I said was actually that YOU could have a machine shop do any spacer you want. I did not say that we could or would make a spacer...we would never do it that way. I suggested coilovers after further thought about the fact that making spacers right would involve doing them in aluminum and the machine shop costs would likely put you close to the cost of coilovers and yet not give you adjustment ability. We have some coilovers on our NC now that are much simpler than the JIC and will come to market about $850 a complete set and given the many years you plan to keep the car that seems a better choice than grinding springs and not having the ability to adjust up or down after that, let alone damping control, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com