Tires

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ohnedich69

Tires

Post by ohnedich69 »

I have 15" Konig Hurrys and i was wondering what size tires i could fit on them. Im not good with tires, id like to have some high performance low profiles. Any suggestions or sizes would be appreciated
Tamago

Post by Tamago »

in your case, a 205 50 15 or 195 50 15 would be a good fit.

is this for regular street use? winter? rain?
one man's inability to understand the basics of birth control is another man's cheap project car
ohnedich69

Post by ohnedich69 »

racing, and street use, mainly street and rain
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

It is pretty tough to combine racing capable tires AND mainly "street and rain" use as the more racy tires are generally not that good in the rain. And there is NO free lunch...you have to decide what your priorities are. The Toyo T1R is a great street tire that does good rain duty...but is not a race tire (a bit soft in the sidewalls). The Goodyear F1-GS does a really fine job of wet and dry performance but is a little heavier and rides a little rougher. The Falken 615Rt rides nearly as smooth as the Toyo and does well in the wet, and fantastic in the dry...but will be toast in 10,000 miles (half what you will get with the Toyo).

So, of the three...if the racy use is the priority then I suggest the Falken if you can live with a choice that will only last about 10,000 miles. For a great wet/dry performance combo that works well at the track I like the Goodyear....and I like the Toyo as a street choice for its combination of grip with light weight and fine ride.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Dutchy

BF Goodrich G-Force 2

Post by Dutchy »

Guy's,

What about the quality of the BF Goodrich G-Force 2 for our NC's? I like the profile, so the looks are great. But what about performance?

Greetz, Leon
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good tires, has a lot of fans out there....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com