what coil-over will fit my miata NC

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
senda

what coil-over will fit my miata NC

Post by senda »

Hey Brian

Moty miata Almagor told me you are the best men to talk with about the NC.

I do 35,000 Km a year most of them on regular roads, but once a month I am competing in an auto cross race.
ex'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1uL5ua63DA

I need a good coil-over for both day driving and AC, and I want to know if the "JIC Miata Coilover Set FLT-A1" will fit my dimands or do I have to go on the "JIC Miata Coilover Set FLT-A2"?

Do I need the "Eibach Sway Bar Kit" also with the coil-over?

Note: in Israel there are no race tracks, some of the roads are not well build and there are only AC competions on small parking lots.

thanks for the help

Niv
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I love the JIC system and use it on two of my own personal toys (2006 Miata and 2004 RX8) but I have a reservation about recommending any setup that may someday need service when you are so far away in Israel. Fortunately, we have the JIC location just an hour up the road from us here in San Diego but it would be very expensive to send these back from Israel if you ever had an issue with a stuck perch, etc. My recommendation would be the monotube FLT-A2 JIC if you were to go with an aluminum bodied coilover but given the distance you are I am tempted to say wait for the Bilstein PSS9 which will not be aluminum (which will cut down on potential long term maintenance needs) and out last the car. I talked with the Bilstein folks at SEMA and they were working on the kit.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
senda

Post by senda »

if i will buy the PSS9, do i need the Eibach Sway Bar Kit ??

or will it make the miata too stiff ?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Nope, the Bilsteins will be full coilovers including the shocks and springs.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
senda

Post by senda »

so this kit:

http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -1146.html

wont do my miata better on the ac ?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sway bars certainly help the handling. I would have to check the box but I think the sway bar box is too big to ship post office...and sending it fed ex or UPS would cost more than the sway bar kit itself.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com