idle drop

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
pburnsed

idle drop

Post by pburnsed »

I have a 1999 Miata, very good condition with 88k miles.

For the past couple of weeks when I stop my idle drops & at first doesn't seem to recover but a few seconds later it's okay. Then a couple of days ago my CEL came on. I made sure my gas cap was tight & also cleaned the PCV valve even though it rattled & seemed okay. The light has NOT come back on in the past twenty miles but I still have the idle drop, mainly when I make a quick stop w/o downshifting. I bought a couple cans of throttle body cleaner & a new PCV valve so I thought I would tackle the intake manifold cleaning & put on a new valve. Any additional ideas or input before I begin? EGR......idle sensor?

Ok, no one has responded to me since I last put this in...... I have since removed the throttle body along with the intake manifold & cleaned thoroughly. Lots of carbon build up, seems to run smoother & the CEL hasn't come back on. Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks, Patti