NB Shocks / Springs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
fastill

NB Shocks / Springs

Post by fastill »

2000 NB is driven on street. @ 60k miles do I need new shocks? Do you suggest Koni, KYB AGX, Bilstein, Tokico? What tools do I need to do job or must shop do job? Spring compressor? And if I do shocks is there anything to be gained by changing springs, springs must come out for shock job? I just changed from 14 inch - Summitumo tires to 16 inch Hankook tires. And if I do shocks there appear to be three options: gas shock, gas shock with 4 positions that adjust dampening and adjustable coil overs that allow user to change vehilce ride height. I am leaning toward the 4 postion KYB or Koni. Hear a lot of good things about Racing Beat springs on this forum. NOt sure I want car that much lower or ride too harsh, most roads are bumpier than a track. Maybe I don't drive car hard cause cars does not seem to lean or corner badly with what I have.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Can't say from here if you need new shocks. If you have stock Bilsteins then they are likely still good...but otherwise you likely do need new shocks. Koni is our first choice, see product descriptions and our installation instructions in the techical/FAQ section (yes, you need a spring compressor). Full Miata shock installation instructions here: http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda/mi ... ation.html
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com