What is CS legal for sway bars?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Pistolmiller

What is CS legal for sway bars?

Post by Pistolmiller »

On my 2002 LS, what is legal as far as replacing the swaybar?
Pistolmiller
'02 LS Emerald Mica
Oklahoma City, OK
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You can't touch that rear. But you can change the front to whatever you want. And we recommend our racing beat blocks and bolts to support the mounts with the beefier bar.

The question on bars is an interesting one. You have the choice of our Racing Beat 1.25 bar...or the Racing beat 1.125 bar. Both fit. Racing Beat recommends the 1.25 but if you like to steer by throttle go for our 1.125. If you are a trailing brake type, go for the 1.25.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
north32rowan

Post by north32rowan »

Hi Brian, Continuing in the same vein, what would be your recommendation for shocks to remain in C stock?

Ron

2002 LS
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

KONI....long live the king of stock class.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
north32rowan

Post by north32rowan »

Need a little more elaboration, Brian. The SCCA rules talk about shocks with a maximum of two settings. When I look at Koni or other brands, I see 4-way adjustable, 8-way adjustable, infinitely-adjustable. I'm looking for you to recommend a specific Koni model number for my C-stock, 2002 LS if you're game. Thanks, Ron
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That's NOT what the rules are prohibiting. What the rules are prohibiting are double adjustable and beyond. The Koni Sport, and the KYB 8 way, and all the other mainstream off-the-shelf choices do NOT run afoul of the rule because these are all single adjustable shocks in that they have ONE knob giving you the adjustment of bounce and jounce together. The rules are barring you from use of custom race KONI which could have two or three separate controls (separate compression, separate rebound, separate high versus low speed rebound, etc). The standard off the shelf KONI sport and KYB are legal and the most common choices you will find on every Miata on Autocross day. Among those two popular choices, the KONI sport are much preferred because they seem to work much better and they last longer.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
north32rowan

Post by north32rowan »

Just the information I was hoping for . . . thanks, Brian!

Ron