will 18x8.5 fit in my nc??

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
tavitopr

will 18x8.5 fit in my nc??

Post by tavitopr »

I found a nice offer on some Zenetti 18x8.5 (style FIVE) and I dont know if they will fit whit no problem.. the thing is that I dont know the offset. :( can someone help me
thanks
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

From what I've seen and read, an 18x8" rim with a 48-50mm positive offset will likely fit, depending on the tire (225/35-18 is roughly the same outside diameter as stock). Just as important, look at the weight - try to stay under 20 lbs on the street, or the ride will deteriorate.

I have the same question about width, but on a 17" rim. I found 17x8.5" Rota Slipstreams with a 48mm ET, and I'll use 235/40-17 tires.

I'm also thinking about 18" rims, but I go back and forth. I don't need to make a decision yet since I've not bought the car! But at least I'm "getting my ducks in a row" on planning the suspension and wheel/tire mods.
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
tavitopr

Post by tavitopr »

thanks rpmchris
I think that those Rota Slipstreams will fit, because brian and some other guys have some 18x9.5 all around, though they have them for track only..... I think