flywheel: good-win v Racing Beat

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
SmokeyBear

flywheel: good-win v Racing Beat

Post by SmokeyBear »

Hi. Noob to this forum, long time poster to Miata.net. I'll be installing a lightened flywheel while I do the clutch & tranny. Yes - tranny. After 192K miles, it's got problems. The clutch is an ACT Extreme. The tranny is from a 99 with 8K miles. I have a normally aspirated 1.6. It is not a daily driver - autocross & track only. I know the clutch is over-kill but I got a really good deal on it.

My question is, with the Lightweight Aluminum Miata Flywheel on SALE, why would I not want to buy it instead of the Racing Beat? What's the difference?

Also - Brian - are you here? You sell the Fidanza as part of a combo but I see noi listing for the Fidanza only. Am I just not looking enough?
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our light flywheel for 1.6 is the fidanza. Last I heard from Racing Beat, they too were talking with Fidanza about production of their unit but Racing Beat's version would be made slightly heavier. Note that regardless of year you can install a 1.8 combo or 1.6 combo of clutch and flywheel.

There is a bit of personal taste involved here but I like a really light flywheel...my 2006 has a 7.6 pound fidanza and it works great and adds to the fun factor. The "advantage" to a slightly heavier unit (but still lighter in stock) is that it is easier in stop and go traffic to lightly slip the clutch and thereby roll the car forward.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
SmokeyBear

Post by SmokeyBear »

Thanks for your quick response Brian. Do you have the Fidanza in stock? I've "heard" people are having trouble with Fidanza in slow shipping. I need it like now. Thanks.
The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status or ethnic background, is that, deep down inside, we ALL believe that we are above average drivers.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

In stock!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com