Intakes

Mazda 2, Mazda 3 and 6 Parts and Performance from Intakes to Headers, Exhaust, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits... it's all there.
KeVINE

Intakes

Post by KeVINE »

I was thinking of getting an intake for my 07 mazda 3 and I was debating between an aem cold air intake or a secret weapon short ram intake. If some people could reply and tell me their opinion on which one i should get and why. Thanx everyone
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We have been at the SCCA National Tour this weekend. Our experience with AEM has been all positive. Our experience with Weapon R has been that all their stuff is junk. Was even involved in a lawsuit a few years ago against Weapon R and I learned enough about their filters to say that I would NEVER use their filters on any engine I ever own.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
biemazda

Post by biemazda »

there are tons of mazda cold air intake that you can choose from. really depends on what kind you want.. theres AEM, K&N and lots more.. I had a AEM installed in one of my car and it works great.. :)
Gripper

Post by Gripper »

You should check out CP-E's intake system, it may be expensive but it's worth it. I have one on my Mazda 6s and it completly changed the way the car felt. I think they dyno at like 15whp or unbeliveable number.
kerpal

Post by kerpal »

Brian wrote:We have been at the SCCA National Tour this weekend. Our experience with AEM has been all positive. Our experience with Weapon R has been that all their auto body part is junk. Was even involved in a lawsuit a few years ago against Weapon R and I learned enough about their filters to say that I would NEVER use their filters on any engine I ever own.
What, weapon R got sued??? Why??
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Copied patented features of other filters...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ip705

Post by ip705 »

Sorry about digging up this old thread... I just got a Secret Weapon and was searching around for more info on it and I saw Brian's alarming comment about Weapon-R. What is so bad about their filters? I have read mostly good reviews and comments from other people. Can you share some of the details that make you never want to use their filters again?
Thanks.
[url=http://www.arpac.com]packaging equipment[/url] - [url=http://www.arpac.com/applications3.asp?folder=9]packaging machinery[/url]
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

ip705 wrote:Sorry about digging up this old thread... I just got a Secret Weapon and was searching around for more info on it and I saw Brian's alarming comment about Weapon-R. What is so bad about their filters? I have read mostly good reviews and comments from other people. Can you share some of the details that make you never want to use their filters again?
Thanks.
The thread is old....can't say my experience from years ago is still relevant. At the time I had never seen a weapon-R filter that I would want on my car. They seemed much more interested in marketing hype and looking "cool" than actually providing filtering performance. What micron level did the filter work down to? They had no idea when asked years ago. But very possible things have changed a lot in several years with their product, but we have not gone back to find out...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com