Help needed with new Miata

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
rswardrop

Help needed with new Miata

Post by rswardrop »

Hello,

I just bought my first Miata. It's a 2007 grand touring hardtop automatic.

I'd like to upgrade the air intake and exhaust systems. I'd like to end up with a nice melodious bass growl that's not much louder then what I get now with the standard systems and that are relatively easy to install.

I'll be grateful for any suggestions.

Ron
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Easy to install means you don't want our Borla or Magnaflow, both sound great but require that you cut your factory midpipe.

That leaves our RoadsterSport Duals and Racing Beat Duals which are both simple bolt on choices, just two bolts! The RoadsterSport Duals is the most popular because you can tune the result to your own tastes with the included removeable baffles and the optional glass packed baffles. See website descriptions on both for pictures.

On intakes, the AEM is the most popular but the new kid on the block is the Racing Beat and it is a little easier install. Note that either intake will add more sound too so we suggest one part at a time.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
EvoStevo

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian,

when you say the Racing Beat is easier to install, does that mean you don't have to remove the front bumper?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, possible to install the Racing Beat without taking the front bumper off.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

I added the RB intake and while I did take the entire front end off, it was not as hard as I had imagined it to be. I do see how you could do it without taking off the front end though but again, it .

I like the RB intake. There is better throttle response and it made about 4 more hp when I dyno'd it. The autos are tough to dyno but we did a before and after and I posted that info in the NC section of the miataforum.com.

It alone did not make much more noise like the intakes do on the previous generations. Not sure if the AEM makes more as I have not heard one yet.

After I had that for a couple of weeks, I got Brian's midpipe and RS Duals along with the extra glass pack inserts. It is louder obviously, but not so much so that it is annoying. As Brian suggested, I would try one part at a time so you really know what you like and don't like.
[b]Kirk "The Captain"[/b] [url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2537823]My 2006 MX-5 GT[/url]
rswardrop

Post by rswardrop »

Thanks Very Much to those that responded!