exhaust decibel levels

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
EvoStevo

exhaust decibel levels

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian,

i've heard the sounds clips comparing RB exhaust and RS duals but do you have any decibel readings. They both sound nice but too loud like some owners suggest they do.

thanks
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, I don't have any controlled DB readings on the Duals. Did that on the Race unit only. The Duals is just not that loud by itself, louder than stock but not too much louder and with the packed baffles it really comes back down a lot. But if concerned about it then wait for the revised version which is a little quieter and we are also working on bigger muffler that will be much closer to stock sound but still have all the flow of your regular duals.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
EvoStevo

Post by EvoStevo »

Brian, performance gains out weigh noise anyday. Its just my impression a lot NC owners are not into seriously mods. My last car had the suspension of a skateboard and my exhaust set of car alarms all the time. Are your RS duals or singles that loud with the midpipes?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Your Duals with the Midpipe won't be near that loud...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
bsanborn

Post by bsanborn »

Brian,

I just placed an order for the NC RS Duals plus the glass-packed baffles. You mention in the older post above that the person should wait for the new version of RS muffler. What are you shipping today? Can you give me more info on this.

There have been some recent posts on Miata.net about the supports breaking off on some RS Duals. Seems to be related to welding technique. Has the problem been solved?

I had the RS2 on my NB and loved it. Looking forward to hearing the exhaust again.

Brian Sanborn
Groton, MA
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

We have actually made numerous small changes since the intro. We had one guy in the UK and one US customer have had the hanger issue. Since we have hundreds in use that number is not statistically significant but we went ahead and reinforced all the new ones anyway at that point to avoid any chance of that issue in the future.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
bsanborn

Post by bsanborn »

Brian.... thanks... glad to hear you guys are on top of it.