Yellow Koni are here. what spring will go with it??

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
senda

Yellow Koni are here. what spring will go with it??

Post by senda »

hi.

As Brian told me, i order the Yellow Koni for my NC 2006.

I wanted to bay the Eibach pri kit , but i do not want my miata to be a 2 inch lower.

note: my niata in now 1.25 cm lower becous i use 205/45/16 and not the 205/45/17...

I have few option:

1. To bay the Eibach ant put spacer.

2. to find other spring

What do you think?

Thanks

Niv
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Racing Beat springs....
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
senda

Post by senda »

Aren't they too soft?

I need The springs for AX use.

Onle 25% stiffer and onle 0.5 inch just look too mild.

Or mybe the Koni will make it better?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

You said you wanted the Eibach Pro Kit but that lowers too much. The Racing Beat springs are STIFFER than the Eibach Pro Kit and do not lower as much.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
senda

Post by senda »

I did not know that the RB are stiffer.

So the RB + the Koni will do my miata 1 inch lower (you saied the Koni is 0.5inch lowering alone)?

I want to use my miata evry day, but i want to won the AX comptision too . I want the sporty set up, but that i will be able to live with it...

Sorry for asking too much :-)

Thanks for the help

Niv
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I can't tell you that setup will be competitive without knowing what class you race in. IF the answer is CSP then that setup is not going to be competitive in a class where other drivers are using coilovers with front rates of 600, 700, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Brian is right

Koni + RB spring setup is Farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr away from being competitive in almost all autoX class NC fall into.
senda

Post by senda »

Sorry, i did not explain the situation.

I am from Israel. Here, we do not have classes. evry miata, NA NB and NC are compite in the some class. with cars like clio sport, Honda civic typeR, Honda S2000.

The roles are all FW cars and RW cars without torbo. no meter what spring, or what shokes, or coilover you got on your car.

One of my competitor is drivind NC with MS shoks and springs, MS anti roll and all your power accessory (mid pipe, dualsand AEM).

Evry AX is about 1 Km and we do it 3 times + 2 (if you going up to the final)

So there are no roles. I going to race with an 205/40/16 tires (my orginal is 205/45/17) this is make me lower in 23mm. If the RB + the Koni will make me 22mm lower so it will be overall 45mm. prety low. and if the spring will be stiff. so i will be competitiv. If the spring wont be good, so it wont be any good for anything...

That why i am asking if the RB are good and if the Kony is 10mm lower then the orginal shocks
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Well, your area does have very generous classing structure.

Honestly speaking, the setup you looking at (Koni + RB) will not be "competitive" in any racing standard. It is good for street driving and occasional pushing. That’s about it. However, if that’s what you planned and that’s what capable to win in your area, I say go for it.
senda

Post by senda »

I asking if there is any more competitive springs that will be good for the day use too?

I do not have problem to bay the pro kit and use a spacer. if you will tell it would be better.

Or mybe to wait to the ground conrtol kit (as i have now on my 2004 NB).

I just want to know what will be the best thing fot me.