Autoexe springs and Koni Yellow Sport

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
nomaxx25

Autoexe springs and Koni Yellow Sport

Post by nomaxx25 »

Hi Brian,

Can you let me know if my present Autoexe springs will match a set of Koni Yellow Sport. I am thinking of getting the Koni's but just want to check if the Autoexe springs will match the Koni's before buying it.
I drive a 2006 NC.

Here are the specs for the Autoexe springs:

Specification: Height -20mm
Spring rate Fr:33.9 (19.4) Rr:29.4 (15.7) N/mm

Hope you can help me out here.

cheers,
Mike
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

for sure it will.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, but as noted on the KONI description you get an extra half inch of lowering from the KONI too.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nomaxx25

Post by nomaxx25 »

Hi Brian,

Ok thanks for the info cos now i'm using the Autoexe springs with standard shocks and the ride height is aprox. three fingers from arch to tyre for the front and two fingers for the rear. I recently swapped my rims for a Rays 57 Optimise with a +50 offset and 225/45 17" Toyo Proxis T1-R, and its now sitting flush with the front and rear fenders..so after reading much of the forum i guessed that with the Koni's installed my tyres are sure to rub the fenders when i take hard corners...ahhh the delimma..what to do..?
What do you think? Will it rub for sure or should i just leave the standard shocks and forget about the Koni's.?

cheers,
Mike
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That should'nt rub...pretty safe at 50mm offset.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nomaxx25

Post by nomaxx25 »

Really! Cool thanks for the info brian.. :D
The local Koni dealer doesent stock the Yellow sport for the MX5 cos there arent many on the road here..so i have to give them a cash deposit and then they will indent the stock in. Thats why i wasent sure of getting it until i knew for certain it wouldnt rub the fenders. Thanks again :D

cheers,
Mike