Uneven drop with Eibach springs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
vt_miata

Uneven drop with Eibach springs

Post by vt_miata »

While washing the car last night, I noticed that the passenger side of the car 'seemed' higher than the driver side. So I got out the tape measure and ( in the garage on a flat floor ) measured it up. Sure enough, the passenger side seems to be about 1/2 inch higher than the driver's side.
I have just recently ( in the past 300 miles ) installed Eibach springs all around and thought I might just be witnessing the settling.

Is this really a problem? I made sure that all the bolts were torqued after the car was on the ground and, from what I can tell, everything seems fine from that perspective. I did notice that one spring on the DRIVERS side front wasn't quite up against the stop ( maybe off by about a half an inch ) but I would think that small of a gap wouldn't cause any difference, let alone this much. Thoughts?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Not a problem. We often see that the side where the driver's weight is sitting settles faster and further.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
vt_miata

Post by vt_miata »

Thanks for the response. I am going to loosen/re-torque the fronts again but I will leave it at that. I often second guess my work and just wanted to be absolutely sure that the difference wasn't a problem ( other than it will bother me visually even though others may not notice ).