NC Coilover Install....OHLINS, JIC, etc...

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Ryan @ GWR

Re: NC Coilover Install....OHLINS, JIC, etc...

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Adding versions with logo and product name
MAS MP00S1 Full Kit STREET final 2400px.jpg
MAS MP00S1 Full Kit RACE final 2400px.jpg
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

FOUR more ND kits today! These have been going fast!
Attachments
OhlinsToday.jpg
OhlinsToday.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 5070 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NC Ohlins Kit

Same pic in different sizes for easy linking.
Attachments
OhlinsNCKitSmallPic.jpg
OhlinsNCKitSmallPic.jpg (3.99 MiB) Viewed 4929 times
OhlinsNCKits!.jpg
OhlinsNCKits!.jpg (6.85 MiB) Viewed 4930 times
OhlinsNCKits.jpg
OhlinsNCKits.jpg (8.41 MiB) Viewed 4931 times
OhlinsNCKit.jpg
OhlinsNCKit.jpg (14.34 MiB) Viewed 4931 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BenjaminA018

Post by BenjaminA018 »

Swapping out Mazdaspeed coilovers for the Ohlins and tophats aside (I knew I'd have to reuse these) I noticed some other assembly parts are NOT included in the boxed set (see orange in pic)

Granted I didn't start off with a stock OEM suspension, but I'm still bummed this setup doesn't include all of the bushings, spacers, etc required for install. I was hoping to drop these in quickly without have to take an extra trip to a parts store or dealership.

UPDATE: For those finding themselves in a similar situation, here is helpful link with part numbers, part diagrams, and additional installation pictures:

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=542470

IMG_20230411_185222839[1].jpg
IMG_20230411_185222839[1].jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 4295 times
Greg @ GWR

Post by Greg @ GWR »

Hi Ben. You are showing the install instructions for a NC Miata, 06-15, not a MSM. That's probably why you are having some confusion. For the NA/NB Ohlins you should not need to reuse any of the stock components.
Please email us at sales@good-win-racing with your order number and a photo of the part number on the box the kit arrived in. We can email you a PDF of the correct mounting instructions.
The Only Speed is Mazdaspeed
BenjaminA018

Post by BenjaminA018 »

Greg @ GWR wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:23 pm Hi Ben. You are showing the install instructions for a NC Miata, 06-15, not a MSM. That's probably why you are having some confusion. For the NA/NB Ohlins you should not need to reuse any of the stock components.
Sorry Greg, I can see how the opening of my post might have been somewhat confusing. I am installing these Ohlins on a 2006 NC Miata. The suspension I'm replacing is the dealer optioned Mazdaspeed/Eibach coilovers that were originally made for the NC
Last edited by BenjaminA018 on Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Ben, you are trying to put a REAR spring on front shock with FRONT top mounts. Here is that picture you posted of the rear instructions, notice the spring shape and notice the OEM top mount with that spring and notice that high clearance rear spring goes on the much shorter rear Ohlins assembly.
Rear.jpg
Rear.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 4256 times
You can also go to first page of this instruction thread, that first install on page 1 of this thread is NC installation and it should help you a ton.

Here is assembled and installed REAR picture from first page of this thread. Notice that this looks much more like your instructions posted picture for the rear setup. You cannot mix front bits and rear bits, those gold top mounts need to mate with 2.5 inch diameter front springs on the front shocks, and the high clearance springs are rear use only with the factory top hats as shown here on the much shorter rear shocks as you see in these instructions and pictures.
Ohlins5.jpg
Ohlins5.jpg (143.79 KiB) Viewed 4278 times
And here is the product description 'exploded view' picture of rear making it even more clear that you need the rear top mounts with the rear spring. This shows the spring is flared because it needs to mate with the bigger diameter rear OEM top mount bits.
Attachments
MAS MI30S1 Rear Exploded final.jpg
MAS MI30S1 Rear Exploded final.jpg (3.14 MiB) Viewed 4278 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BenjaminA018

Post by BenjaminA018 »

Ah yes, I'm an idiot! Sorry Brian :lol: I somehow missed the exploded view photograph links in your product listing ... Thank you! Those are helpful

For those wanting to include fresh OEM hardware with their new coilovers (instead of reusing their old stuff) here's a detailed parts list. IDK if it's feasible or not, but maybe offering an "add on" package of these OEM parts (minus the $$$ top hats) would be valuable to some customers?
Attachments
Ohlin Suspension Required Add Ons List.jpg
Ohlin Suspension Required Add Ons List.jpg (310.2 KiB) Viewed 4243 times
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That is great info Ben! Thanks for that post with part numbers, it will certainly help customers in the future.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

New Ohlins Delivery Today!
Attachments
OhlinsToday.jpg
OhlinsToday.jpg (734.39 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com