understeering!!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NCEC670CS

understeering!!!

Post by NCEC670CS »

ok... i recently upgraded my stock michellin tires (205/45-17s) to a Nitto NT01 Autocross tire (225/45-17) and for some reason, i am expirencing understeer alot earlier then i used to with the stock tires. I used to have practically no understeer at all! My alignment up front is 1.5 degrees toe-out @ 1.5 degrees negative camber. That alignment was perfect for the stock tires, but do you think that the alignment may be too aggressive for those tires?? A friend of mine told me that it may be the tread release on the tires and it will be better after about 400 miles, but its been a lil over 300 miles and still understeering alot earlier and easier than normal.. any suggestions/solutions?
autox jabooya
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Tune for your autocross tires....if this is stock class try some toe out in the front and more negative camber up front if you can get it. Try raising effective rear spring rates through tire pressures and shock settings, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com