NC Tachometer woes

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
fluid_fish

NC Tachometer woes

Post by fluid_fish »

Posted this on Miata.net earlier:

Has anyone tried installing a shift lamp or any other pdt that requires a tachometer signal on their NC?

I'm having abit of a problem with the tacho signal while installing the Defi Link Display onto my car. The defi control Unit II doesn't seems to read the tacho signal. FYI I tapped the signal from behind the instrument panel.

anyone with a wiring diagram of the socket behind the instrument panel?

thks

Hope someone here can shed some info on the subject
ET
v67gsr

Re: NC Tachometer woes

Post by v67gsr »

fluid_fish wrote:Posted this on Miata.net earlier:

Has anyone tried installing a shift lamp or any other pdt that requires a tachometer signal on their NC?

I'm having abit of a problem with the tacho signal while installing the Defi Link Display onto my car. The defi control Unit II doesn't seems to read the tacho signal. FYI I tapped the signal from behind the instrument panel.

anyone with a wiring diagram of the socket behind the instrument panel?

thks

Hope someone here can shed some info on the subject
ET
I've try with come other brand name shift light and it didn't woth with NC.

If i set it to 6000, it will come on at 3000, off and then come back on at around 6000. Its like at 3000 rpm, the signal read like 6000 rpm and fool the shift light to come on.
fluid_fish

Post by fluid_fish »

Thanks for the feedback mate. Did you tap the signal from behind the instrument panel? Or directly from the ECU?