Koni Yellow & RX8 sway bar..problem

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
nomaxx25

Koni Yellow & RX8 sway bar..problem

Post by nomaxx25 »

i recently installed the Koni yellow sport and RX8 sway bars for the front and rear and after driving over a speed hum or manhole covers or uneven road, i hear a hard bump sound coming from either the shocks or sway bars..i think its coming from the shock towers.
Does any one here have the sme problem..is there a remedy to stop the hard bump sound..
Any suggestions will be helpfull. The sound comes from the front and rear shock towers...

But i must say the car handles very well in tight corners and its really so much more fun in the handling!!
Drive it like you stole it !
http://nomaxx25.blogspot.com/
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hard to diagnose the issue from this distance. I would make sure that you did not have a bushing pop out of the front sway bar mounts....a few customers have suffered that issue and the result is a banging around of the bar up front. Assuming everything is torqued properly I would look for paint transfer around the sway bar ends and make sure nothing is coming into contact.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
nomaxx25

Post by nomaxx25 »

Thanks brian, i will go back to my workshop that installed the sway bars and koni and get them to check the sways once again. I kinda suspected it was the sway bars..maby the bushings on the sways are old and not holding the sways tight..let me double check again and will come back to you about the solution given by my workshop. Thanks again brian...You The Man !!

Cheers,
Mike
Drive it like you stole it !
http://nomaxx25.blogspot.com/