Poor man's approach to Miata happiness

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
hhowey

Poor man's approach to Miata happiness

Post by hhowey »

Brian knows the tiny list of changes I've made to my car over the last several months: RB screen, RB air intake, Racing muffler, and Eibach sway bars.

Each of these has given me a great deal of pleasure and improved enjoyment and peace of mind to my driving.

From all that I've read the RB springs are next on the list, hopefully over the summer;-) The only fly in the ointment I see is the RB prescription for altering the rubber bushings. I will have a garage do the spring swapout; I wonder at the absolute necessity of RB's instructions about the bushings.

Is this guideline from RB a good or imperative idea for any set of lowering springs?
Skip Howey
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Just chop your old bumpstops as directed....no need to buy new bumpstops just to cut them up.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
hhowey

Clarification

Post by hhowey »

Actually, I was wondering if the RB solution was desirable for all body-lowering springs, of any manufacturer?
Skip Howey
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, the alternative is to ride around all day long on the bumpstops....which makes the ride rough (because if you are on the stops then the effective spring rate is MUCH higher than what you get with the springs alone).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com