NC 2006 Miata Wheel Pictures and SEMA MazdaSpeed Miata

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.

Post by Guest »

Thansk Brian.
The Captain

Post by The Captain »

You got it Captain...added two more above to show the backside (nice paint) and the Volks wheels.
Thanks Brian, I think it looks pretty neat.
[b]Kirk "The Captain"[/b] [url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2537823]My 2006 MX-5 GT[/url]
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

And here are stock tires on the Kosei K1-TS....see our online store for price and details on this one.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Flätsix

18x8 RX-8 Wheels

Post by Flätsix »

Didn't have any clearance issues with the stock RX-8 225/45/18 Bridgestones. Looks like I'm going for these.

Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The 18s look pretty cool but I prefer lighter than stock...faster performance and better ride. Really enjoying 16x8s with 225/50/16s for daily driving. Took these street tires for a track day and got two first place trophies for the SpeedVentures Miata Challenge.

Our autocross setup is larger than this, 245/45/16, pictured here:

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Flätsix

Post by Flätsix »

Brian wrote:The 18s look pretty cool but I prefer lighter than stock...faster performance and better ride. Really enjoying 16x8s with 225/50/16s for daily driving. Took these street tires for a track day and got two first place trophies for the SpeedVentures Miata Challenge.

Our autocross setup is larger than this, 245/45/16, pictured here:
hijackon

They let you run with the stock "stylebars"? You feel safe with your melon exposed like that?

hijack off.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Compared to cars we raced in the "old days" these new cars are pretty safe.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Flätsix

Post by Flätsix »

Brian wrote:Compared to cars we raced in the "old days" these new cars are pretty safe.
The old days... like with Fangio. Seriously man, new car old car racecar, I've seen them all upsidedown in the dirt.

...anyway I was going to wait till build a decent set of coilovers, but I'll post a before pic in the hope of getting an after pic soon.

18x8 Rota Formula Mesh 48mm offset. 235/40/18s. No fender rolling required. no rubbing issues.

Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Flätsix wrote:
Brian wrote:Compared to cars we raced in the "old days" these new cars are pretty safe.
The old days... like with Fangio. Seriously man, new car old car racecar, I've seen them all upsidedown in the dirt.

...anyway I was going to wait till build a decent set of coilovers, but I'll post a before pic in the hope of getting an after pic soon.

18x8 Rota Formula Mesh 48mm offset. 235/40/18s. No fender rolling required. no rubbing issues.

Nice looking wheels, have you weighed the combo?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Flätsix

Post by Flätsix »

Wheels are a robust 21lbs which for a street wheel I'm okay with. I was thinking about 18x8 O.Z. Superleggeras but the 45mm offset scared me off. Other wheels were RPF1s and Gram Light 57s but hose were 18x7.5s. Now I just have to get some 225s for my stockers.