NC 2006 Miata Wheel Pictures and SEMA MazdaSpeed Miata

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Okay...fixed that link. Thanks for letting me know it was broken.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rxshawn

Post by rxshawn »

I was doing some searching and I guess the Volk CE28N's come in a 17x9 with a +63 offset. Would these fit the NC without any rubbing issues? I am looking for some 17" wheels that will allow for wider tires when some forced induction options become available. If this does fit, will lowering the car result in any rubbing?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

That's pretty far to the inside. Have not tried anything that far inboard but expect it may rub the suspension bits....shock bodies, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pdxa4

Post by pdxa4 »

Brian wrote:
Anonymous wrote:You wouldn't happen to have any other pics of that car with the 18's on it, would you? It looks like it's got the factory air dam and side skirts on it.
Here you go...

Wow that is a sweet looking car...Very clean...
06 Sunlight Silver NC, Sport LSD.
H&R coilovers, Goodwin RACE exhaust, several other mods.(Sold)
19 Artic White ND2, Club with Brembo, BBS and Recaro
Goodwin Race exhaust, RoadsterSport suspension package
99 NB 10th Anniversary
ctompkins5

NC Tire/Wheel Size Question

Post by ctompkins5 »

I'm looking at purchasing a set of Enkei RPM2 18" diameter 8" wide with tires. I can get them for my NC in 225/40/18 but one of the things I am trying to do besides widen the track is to fill the wells a bit more. The question is, can I safely upsize the outside radius so I am running a 225/45/18? Any input here would be helpful. thanks.
ctompkins5

Post by ctompkins5 »

225/45/18... is that even possible? I'm new to this so I just don't know. Again, thanks for any help I can get.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

My suggestion is a 225/40/18 which at 25.1 inches diameter is still nearly an inch more diameter than stock. We would be happy to get you the RPM2s but the reason you do not see them on the website is that the 18x8 size in 45m offset may require a fender lip roll to fit under compression. If you are okay with that then give us a call and we can help...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ctompkins5

Post by ctompkins5 »

Brian, Thanks for the prompt reply. Now, again I hope you can forgive my ignorance here. Like I said this is all new to me. I'm trying to understand why sometimes an 18/8 will fit without a lip roll and sometime it won't. I understand that is has to do with the offset and the tire section width, but I don't really understand the mechanics of why or how I can calculate it myself. Anyhow, all of that being said, I also don't really know anything about the fender lip roll. Is it something I can do myself with the purchase of a proper tool? If so, is their a resource you can point me to for that as well as instruction for properly performing the proceedure. If not, where would I go to have something like that done. Finally, you say you can get the RPM2s for me, can I get them from you all with tires mounted and hardware etc...? How do I go about requesting something that is not a regular item on your site? Sorry for so many questions. I know what I want the final product to look like on the car, but there are just so many variables that I don't fully understand yet that it is a bit overwhelming. Thanks again for your help.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

For a quote on any wheels and tires we don't show on the website, just email us your zip code and state and we can figure that up for you....assuming you decide you really want that wheel at that offset.

For more on fender rolling just run a google search. The old fashion rolling of a baseball bat method works pretty well and lots of websites show you how to do it with pictures. Also do a search for "eastwood fender roller" and you will find the tool we use here. Pretty easy to use and the results are neater than a first timer will likely get with the bat.

Lots of NC fitment threads here on our forum and you can read about this for hours... but in brief, an 18x8 will fit pretty well at 48mm offset. A 45mm offset is another 3 milimeters futher outboard and starts to come with the risk of running into the rear fender lips if you put a 225 or wider tire on it. There are several other variables including brand of the tire, model of tire, amount of camber, if your NC is lowered and how much, etc. If you don't want to worry about all that, go with the 48mm choices and you will be pretty safe. But if you really like the look of that RPM2...then we can help you make it work.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ctompkins5

Post by ctompkins5 »

Brian, thanks again. That helped a lot. I am understanding much better now. I've got a bit to consider, but I think this is the way I will want to go. I really wanted a mesh style rim and the RPM2 just has the best combo of size, weight, look, price and a name I trust. (unless there is another similar rim out there you can recommend I look at that might meet my criteria) Just wish RPM2 came in the 48mm offset so I wouldn't have to worry about all of this. I guess what I really need to decide is if I want to take on the lip roll myself or have someone do it for me. I am going to be fitting some coilovers eventually to get the ride height to my liking so I think the fender roll may be a forgone conclusion anyway to get the look I want. I will definitely contact you all for my purchase once I have made my final decision. Thanks again.