Roadstersport exhaust.

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jeffster06

Post by jeffster06 »

well I ended up bolting it all up then when I was lowering my car I noticed that on the driverside the muffler is really close to the heat shield (towards the rear of the car). which would explain why my muffler tip deleted to the right. so looks like this time around I made the mid pipe too long... unfortunately I didnt notice this problem till after I tightened up the slip joint :oops: . I also notice that my muffler is now hitting the cross bracing that bolts up to the subframe. but if im not mistaken shortening the midpipe should cure both of my problems. I believe thats all I have left after a lil more adjusting I was able to fix the tip from pointing down too much. now I just hope I can push the slip joint in without having to remove the whole system again im going on a very long drive this coming saturday (atlanta to boston) and im hoping I can remedy my issues before then. as for the urethane hangers I was using hose clamps on my rubber hangers to stiffen them up before cuz they seem to be worn. also before the muffler tip was pointing downward too it was working for me for the time being.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sounds like you are ever closer...shortening a little should get you about done. Yes, should be able to slip the slip joint with it on the car...especially if you oiled it up after you got it stuck before (just unbolt rear flange and with your hands on either side of the slip joint push together as you twist a little to get it to move.) Make SMALL changes and you should get it fine tuned to where you want it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com