JIC's installed for 2006 NC MX-5 Miata!!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
yellowcoupe

Post by yellowcoupe »

cool.. i'll check em out

would the NC's fender be hard to manual roll?
Brian wrote:We have an Eastwood fender rolling tool. Used it today on a Mazda 3. It makes quick and very neat work of the job.

But the good old wooden baseball bat method still works. Do some Google searches of "fender roll baseball bat" and similar and you will find websites with pics and instructions. The basic idea is to insert the bat between the tire and fender lip. You then wedge it against the lip and roll it back and forth on the tire and SLOWLY work the metal lip until nearly flat with the fender metal.
yellowcoupe

Post by yellowcoupe »

and I see little cut outs at each end already. Does this mean i do not need to cut slits in the metal to allow the roll?
yellowcoupe wrote:cool.. i'll check em out

would the NC's fender be hard to manual roll?
Brian wrote:We have an Eastwood fender rolling tool. Used it today on a Mazda 3. It makes quick and very neat work of the job.

But the good old wooden baseball bat method still works. Do some Google searches of "fender roll baseball bat" and similar and you will find websites with pics and instructions. The basic idea is to insert the bat between the tire and fender lip. You then wedge it against the lip and roll it back and forth on the tire and SLOWLY work the metal lip until nearly flat with the fender metal.
06mx5gt

Post by 06mx5gt »

Can you give me a recommendation for a autocross tire for the 16x8 RX7 rims? do you think the V710 265/45WR16 will fit? Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

245/45/16....Hoosier or old school Khumo Victos
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ronbauer

Pic with Enkeis and 245/35/18s all the way around

Post by ronbauer »

Just had to put a picture of my car with the JICs and Enkeis! Car is working great now after adding the Mazdaspeed RX-8 front bar and disconnecting the rear. Oh, and I'm running 11s and 8s for the rates. It's amazing how much better this car is than the older cars. Though these rates are higher than we run on the '94 Miata that I run in CSP, this is completely driveable on the street! For more pics go to http://www.bauerspeedracing.com/2006%20miata.htm

Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Ron,

Wow, your Miata looks HOT Ron. When you get a chance please do share your heights (center of wheel to lip). Funny you mention the rates because I have been experimenting with higher rates this last two weeks as well. I currently have a set of 10s up front.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Thanks Brian, and I KNOW it does! I can't get over how sexy the car looks with those wheels and tires. I don't want to put my stockers back on....

Regardless of what you've been telling everyone, I think these wheels could be used on a daily basis on the car. As you lower the car, the tires tuck in more and more. I'm thinking about lowering it even further to see how much I can get the fronts to tuck in. I'd still love to go to a 285, but I'm just not sure it'll fit up front.

FWIW, I ran the car this past weekend more or less back to back with Jim Daniel's '94 CSP Miata and the '06 is getting close. I was on very old, high run Kumho 710s on the '06 vs. fairly new 710s on the '94 and was about 7/10ths off. This may sound like a lot, but tires probably will make up a minimum of 5/10ths of that. For those that don't know, Jim's car is one of the best CSP cars in the country right now. I hope to show that it's the top dog at Nationals in a couple of weeks. There is still so much that can be done to the '06 that I really think it can get the job done.

I'll try to get the measurements to you this weekend.

Ron
miataman

Post by miataman »

It really looks great with those huge wheels & tyres!
Is it safe to assume that big power is not far away? :D

I'd also be very interested to know what ride heights you have settled to.
Currenly I am running 1.2" below stock all around (Teins & RX-8 bars).
On good tarmac, the balance is very nice and neutral, but on slippery tarmac I find it very understeer-biased.
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Actually, the plan right now is to take the car to CSP. So, eventually that'll mean engine management and a full exhaust. I'm also going to start looking into weight savings in such things as the battery, seats, etc.

My car definitely does not understeer.... I've been trying to tame the rear.

Ron
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I too plan to run CSP in the near term. Likely SM2 later after Corky's blower is ready (laughing out loud while putting down 300 hp will be too much for me to resist). I expect this will be THE setup for this car in both CSP and SM2...with the SM2 guys in particular putting the 285s out back as I have on my set.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com