JIC's installed for 2006 NC MX-5 Miata!!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
AlanBDahl

Post by AlanBDahl »

Interesting comparing the pics of your cars. I've managed to get my NC (stock springs, Koni DA's) to sit as low in the back but for some reason the fronts sit higher, either because of the differences in compression settings (12/12 rear, 4/12 front) or because the rears have less gas pressure, hard to say. Assuming that the Koni folks are at the Solo II Nationals this year I plan on asking them about it and perhaps have my fronts modifed (although I'm not sure it makes sense to make a major change with no chance to test it).

The good news (finally some good news with my car!) is that I finally managed to get a set of polyurethane bushings for my RX-8 automatic front sway bar and it made quite a difference. The last event was the first event that I can actually say the car was handling well at. Funny that stiffening the front cuts down on the front wheel lift but it does, perhaps because the front reacts quicker and thus the rear doesn't have time to sag? I'm not saying that I'm going to beat the Solstices but at least I'll have a decent handling car which will certainly make Nationals more enjoyable!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Good luck to you Alan. I don't suppose you know a source for poly bushings for the stock RX8 Sport package bars?
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
sloopercat

Rear shock travel

Post by sloopercat »

How much travel is available with the JIC rear shocks? I think the stock units have close to 8 inches?
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

I don't know what the full amount of travel is, but I've not run into any problems with them. I have been on some roads with the car that certainly would show any deficiencies.

They do use the same extended tubing that goes up into the trunk area, so they do retain a lot of the travel of the stock set up.

Ron
sloopercat

Post by sloopercat »

Here is the "word" from JIC: I finally talked with JIC about your suspension travel. They said that depending on height, having two inches from static height to full-extension should give you about 3.5-4" of total travel (the other 1.5-2" being in the compression direction). And they believe that is within spec. It took awhile to get there as we were talking the total travel vs. static-to-compression travel vs. static-to-full-droop travel, but that's what they came up with after some amount of discussion. He also commented that you wanted to be sure the spring was still snug at full-droop (which I think we discussed).
Mini Meg

Post by Mini Meg »

Ron & Brian,
Will this fit? They are made by Ray's wheels. 18x8.5 w/ a 55mm offset. 19mm/3/4" wider to the inside and out side.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... bp=5-114.3
White 07 GT with PP2, Susp. Pack, Splash guards. Mods to start soon! Some parts in garage waiting install & some on order.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

How heavy are those?

Sorry, I am not sure if they would clear to the inside.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
spigot52

Post by spigot52 »

Just a loose calculation but I think these should have about 3mm more clearance inside than the RP-F1 18x9.5's.....But I think they are quite heavy...over 20 pounds per wheel..please correct me if I'm wrong
Mini Meg

Post by Mini Meg »

spigot52 wrote:Just a loose calculation but I think these should have about 3mm more clearance inside than the RP-F1 18x9.5's.....But I think they are quite heavy...over 20 pounds per wheel..please correct me if I'm wrong
Bingo on the 20 lbs per Discount. But it's got the right offset! 2.5 lbs lighter then the 18x8 OEM RX-8 wheels.
White 07 GT with PP2, Susp. Pack, Splash guards. Mods to start soon! Some parts in garage waiting install & some on order.
spigot52

Post by spigot52 »

I have been looking for wider wheels for about 3 months and am having a hard time finding a wheel that fits, is lightweight, and is good looking.
Rays G-Games wheels are excellent wheels...I am partial to the 99B..maybe for my RX-8...I would be unhappy with a wheel that was 2.5 lbs heavier than stock combined with a tire that was 4 lbs heavier. just my opinion