roll bar padding dis-coloration?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Black_1995

roll bar padding dis-coloration?

Post by Black_1995 »

Hi Brian

I bought the Autopower roll bar and padding this past spring. Installed and have been happy unitil this week. Today I noticed my padding has dis-colored -- it has turned an ugly brown.

The car is babied -- stored inside, not driven in rain/winter, etc. It sits out side very little except when driven.

Any ideas why or how to fix?

Thanks
doug
Dayton, Ohio
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

What you see is UV rays doing to the pad what UV rays do to your skin and most everything else.... A cover is recommended.

Sorry about taking out your link, it was causing pop up ads for some forum viewers.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Black_1995

Post by Black_1995 »

Thanks Brian

Where do i get one? I only saw a vinyl cover with the pad (i already have the padding) on your web site.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

No cover specifically made to cover an SFI pad on the Autopower but some customers have reported good luck using a cover designed for a harddog M2Sport. Also, Summit Racing and other sources have tape in various colors that is made for this task. Another option is to visit your local auto upholstery shop which can make you a cover.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com