Header Installation

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.

Re: Header Installation

Postby Brian » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:42 am

Doing torque in pattern from center outward with torque wrench right? Assuming so, check a second torque wrench to see if it agrees, we are never having even one leak with any brand of header with our installs here. Racing Beat flanges in particular are rarely flat because they are cast and yet we always get them installed without leak and the secret is just working with fresh gaskets from the middle nuts to the sides and it will seal right up every time.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby OpusMX5 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:58 am

From Installation instructions: "but buyers of ceramic versions should chase the threads on header outlet with 10x1.25 thread chaser to clear coating from threads"
This is my first ceramic coated header and I'm surprised this simple sounding step, requiring a special tool, isn't done at the factory. I have never heard of or used a 'thread chaser' and am not sure where to buy one. Can I just use a tap and die set?
OpusMX5

Postby Brian » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:31 am

OpusMX5 wrote:From Installation instructions: "but buyers of ceramic versions should chase the threads on header outlet with 10x1.25 thread chaser to clear coating from threads"
This is my first ceramic coated header and I'm surprised this simple sounding step, requiring a special tool, isn't done at the factory. I have never heard of or used a 'thread chaser' and am not sure where to buy one. Can I just use a tap and die set?

Check a 10mm bolt through the hole, likely nothing has to be done.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby OpusMX5 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Brian wrote:
Check a 10mm bolt through the hole, likely nothing has to be done.

Thanks Brian. I already figured out how to make a chaser and it worked quite easily, but removed such little material that a plain bolt may have done the job too. :lol:
OpusMX5

Postby ChanceS905 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:02 pm

Nd factory manifold hitting valve cover wont just lift straight up. About to lose temper lol
ChanceS905

Postby ChanceS905 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:24 pm

had to use a slide hammer on the rail pinch weld
ChanceS905

Previous

Return to Installation Instructions