Header Installation

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.

Re: Header Installation

Postby DonovanS079 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:55 am

So I’m curious about the helmholtz midpipe, you offer a 4 or 5 inch. I’m going to be doing a 2.5 swap soon but I have an automatic so I have to use the 4 inch midpipe, what are the draw backs of not using the 5 inch midpipe on the bigger engine?
DonovanS079

Postby Brian » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:16 am

DonovanS079 wrote:So I’m curious about the helmholtz midpipe, you offer a 4 or 5 inch. I’m going to be doing a 2.5 swap soon but I have an automatic so I have to use the 4 inch midpipe, what are the draw backs of not using the 5 inch midpipe on the bigger engine?

The 5 inch will flow a bit better at high rpms and power levels beyond 250hp, more relevant to turbo customers, you won't find any difference on automatic and normally aspirated 2.5.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Postby KevinB238 » Sun May 24, 2020 6:48 am

Hi Brian. I did the 1.8 header and midpipe this weekend on my NC. When moving the studs from the downstream connection on the old header to the new header, I noticed that the side of the studs that goes into the header flange is not long enough to screw a nut on it. The stud is threaded into the header flange and then the spring is compressed on the midpipe flange, and that’s the only nut holding that connection in place. Is that correct? Or do I need to buy new studs so I can put a nut on the header side too?
KevinB238

Postby Brian » Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 am

KevinB238 wrote:Hi Brian. I did the 1.8 header and midpipe this weekend on my NC. When moving the studs from the downstream connection on the old header to the new header, I noticed that the side of the studs that goes into the header flange is not long enough to screw a nut on it. The stud is threaded into the header flange and then the spring is compressed on the midpipe flange, and that’s the only nut holding that connection in place. Is that correct? Or do I need to buy new studs so I can put a nut on the header side too?

Customers now and then have the flange nut jammed too far down the stud, suspect that might be your issue, we have never had to buy new hardware to get it done.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Installation Instructions