SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

SUPERCHARGED NC Racer Project!

Post by Brian »

This is certainly the big news for NC Miata owners.... First, please don't email me ANY questions because EVERYTHING I currently know is posted here. I have many more photos which I can post when back in the shop. Complete bolt on custom cast aluminum manifold 62 cubic inch Eaton blower kit with integrated water/air intercooler (laminova style) and engine management system. Boost will be conservative 5 or 6 pounds and expected horsepower is around 225 and expected on sale date is late February 2008...and they indicated a plan to CARB it too. Yes, we will be a dealer...and they may be using our NC early in the new year for first "finished" kit installation!! Projected retail (and this may slip....) is $4999 which is a bargain given the incredible integration of this unit which looks very factory with its custom intake manifold. Looks like I may be back to SM2 class for autocross next season!

Last edited by Brian on Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
beagleracing

Post by beagleracing »

Brian, get me the hookup! i need to get back into SM2 again.
d
toddwcarpenter

Post by toddwcarpenter »

Ha! I have a question anyway. Is that the MAF that's sticking out of the intake manifold? I'm taking about that black do-dad on the runner between the IC and the head. It doesn't make sense why it would be there.
Titus

Post by Titus »

Looks like the have also added a CNC Ported Big Valve Cylinder Head for the MZRs to their price list as well. The NC is becoming a more compelling platform every day!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

toddwcarpenter wrote:Ha! I have a question anyway. Is that the MAF that's sticking out of the intake manifold? I'm taking about that black do-dad on the runner between the IC and the head. It doesn't make sense why it would be there.
Yes, that's the MAF sensor...my guess is that they put it there to avoid a flow error code.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

More pics!

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Titus wrote:Looks like the have also added a CNC Ported Big Valve Cylinder Head for the MZRs to their price list as well. The NC is becoming a more compelling platform every day!
They also indicated a number of normally aspirated mods in the works for the Miata NC motor in particular including cams soon.... And down the road "perhaps" forged pistons and rods....and "maybe" even a 2.3 stroke kit.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Craig Wagner

Post by Craig Wagner »

Based on what you saw at the show, does this seem like something that someone who knows which direction to turn a wrench, and not much more than that, could install? Or would it be better to seek professional help? When an intercooler is involved it always makes me a little nervous.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

No way to know at this time...will have to see or do the install to know for sure but I didn't see anything especially complicated....all bolt on.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
pdxa4

Post by pdxa4 »

Awesome...CARB approval please...
06 Sunlight Silver NC, Sport LSD.
H&R coilovers, Goodwin RACE exhaust, several other mods.(Sold)
19 Artic White ND2, Club with Brembo, BBS and Recaro
Goodwin Race exhaust, RoadsterSport suspension package
99 NB 10th Anniversary